Have you ever met someone who says they LOVE missions, or are passionate about human trafficking and alleviating poverty but don’t really know anything or do anything about it? We all can be inspired by a movie or a story or a sermon, we can even be moved to tears, but the evidence of true passion will involve action. Students preparing to come to do an internship in SEA have made the first huge jump toward putting feet to their heartbeat! Way to GO!
If you are preparing for an internship or a short term missions trip there are number of things you can do to get ready! Passion drives us to do something – so there are many things you can do to be informed and be as ready as possible. So what can you do?
1. Read as much as you can about the nation where you are going to serve. There are many books and blogs giving interesting insight into the nation you are going to serve.
3. Read missionary biographies – VERY inspiring.
6. Throw a themed party about the nation – invite all your friends, dress up, eat curried dishes, play the music from the nation, pray about the nation and raise funds.
7. Take a language class – and have fun with it!
8. Befriend someone from the nation and discover the beauty of their culture.
9. Read about the dos & don’ts and take them to heart.
10. Start eating with your hands (India) or with a spoon and use your fork to guide the food to the spoon, (most other SEA nations).