Five of our ISM students have only one or two weeks left in their internship. Weekly I have connected with them via skype to listen, discuss challenges, talk about how amazing God is and pray together. It’s been beautiful to hear what God has done in and through their lives. We have witnessed confirmation of callings, healing of hearts, confidence regained, clarity about the future, a greater understanding of missions life and the tug of the Holy Spirit towards giving their entire lives to serve lost people, maybe even in a foreign land. Most interns feel like their lives have been transformed and are returning home with a new sense of confidence and purpose and a greater love for the Lord.
Everyone wants to live out what Jesus has done when they return to North America! But how on earth can we do that with our old friends, in our church, college and neighbourhood? The Holy Spirit has done His part, now it’s your turn!
We have to choose to walk in transformation by:
1. Pray, read the Word, serve, give and love. There is no trick to intimacy with Jesus, this is the only way to know Him well.
2. Transformation is unrelated to geography or position. Jesus is in North America too!
3. There are hurting, broken people everywhere. Find them and love them.
4. Quickly after returning serve in your local church! Youth ministry, children’s ministry, music, drama, greeting, ushering, ANYTHING. God can use you at home as well and more than He did overseas.
5. Recognize that you were transformed for today and tomorrow, not just for the internship. “He who began a good work in you is FAITHFUL to complete it.” This is only the BEGINNING!
6. Use your money and time for God’s Kingdom.
7. Live in a place of repentance.
8. Surround yourself with people of like mind and experience. Your inner circle should be full of life givers!
9. When life gets rough, remember what God has done, remember what God has said, remember the Truth and move forward.
10. Make missions a part of your daily life. Support a PAOC Global Worker, sponsor a child through CCP, raise awareness – pray , give or go!