You are about to embark on the experience of a lifetime ! You’ve told all your friends, you’ve got your passport in hand and you realize that there is one tiny missing piece that will make this dream become a reality. $$
The thought of raising a few thousand dollars is a daunting one, especially if you have debts to pay. All our images of those who ask for a handout are not positive ones. We immediately think of the guy sleeping on the grate on Queen street in Toronto with his roughly scrawled “help me” on his cardboard sign. You may ask yourself how is asking for money for missions any different? Aren’t we just slick, dressed up beggars? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Your attitude is everything! Try to approach fundraising this way:
1. When you ask people to help you serve overseas you are giving them an opportunity of a lifetime to invest in someone they love.
2. It’s a PRIVILEGE for people to give to you because they are filling their treasure box in heaven.
3. You have a plan to do something powerful with your life and by doing so you are inspiring people to think beyond themselves.
4. All investment in God’s kindgom reaps rewards larger than ANY other use of money.
5. People want to give to you. Raise friends – you will have the funds.
6. You signed up to follow Jesus and for your life that means you live by faith. Faith is the evidence of things UNSEEN. A pay check requires little to no faith.
8. God is for you! His goodness, mercy and love are chasing you all the days of your life.
9. Sales pitches are for used car salesmen. You are serving broken and hurting people.
10. Jesus said “GO” – He will take care of you.